Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Adam Nussbaum RIPPING it up.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member benrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    1,491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    SYZYGY with Michael Brecker 1987

    He plays with power and BRINGS IT. I thought I was listening to Chambers. Great drum sound too.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    1,373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Awesome, cheers for this Ben... Adam has to be one of my favourite drummers and he rarelly gets a mention. Cheers [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]


    ....unlike you though. What happened to Rush, Deep Purple and Emmerson Lake & Palmer??? [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member benrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    1,491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll see if I can post the rest of this...Nussbaum's one of my faves, he plays with a rock intensity and slams. I saw him on BET Jazz or something playing with Steve Swallow and he was incredible.

    Hey Dazz, my tastes are varied, I like both country and western. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member spaceotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 11th, 2005
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Very nice--thanks for posting. A little more literal/defined that Jack D's playing on the album, but very enjoyable nonetheless. Jack is so fluid...but I also know the requirements of playing live at times can require a stronger, more defined pulse to keep the tune together on a fast paced, chaotic track like this.

    And yes, I imagine that with M. Brecker you better "bring it" or "lose it." Dude is such a powerhouse player, and strong musical personality that I imagine you have to be pretty strong to hold your own with him. Kudos to Adam.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member got_a_matchgrip's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2005
    Posts
    1,335
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dood THX 4 that

    I rem when Nuss [yeah, we're on a partial last-name basis; only he doesn't yet know it ;-p] subbed for Anton on the Letterman show back in the mid-80s or so...I'd heard of him on certain select records, & he was the sh**...Schaeffer credited him on TV that night w having pioneered many of the drumming stylistic idioms that were indicative of many of the disco recordings of the late 70s & 80s! [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    my tastes are varied, I like both country and western...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Eh, I'm not all that big a fan of hoo-west'ren... /;-p

    Cheers fodat. Woid. [All Dead Up in Yo' Axe...]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 23, 2005 03:34 PM: Message edited by: got_a_match_grip? ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member benrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    1,491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is for you Dazz, my main homey from across the pond. I know it's not Pritish progressive rock, but what the hell.

    Nussbaum sounds a bit like Carl Palmer, doncha think mate? [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Hey, didn't England give us Keef Emerson anyway?

    NothingPersonal

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    1,373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL - [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Cheers Benny boy!! Where did you get these?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member benrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    1,491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Found them floating on USENET, it's from Montreaux 1987.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member benrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    1,491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    bump before it goes off the front page.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member got_a_matchgrip's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2005
    Posts
    1,335
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    2-kewl, thx 4 that mon.
    Hey, didn't England give us Keef ["Buddy Rich"] Emerson anyway? [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why YES...AWA Moonie, Mover, Collins, Bonzo, Bruford, White, Ian Mosley, Barriemore, Giles, Paice...etc etc [img]wink.gif[/img]

    [None of which could swing really hard, BTW...DOH!] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [Eh, well, I don't really know about Mosely, Barlow, or Giles in this area, so you might call me on that one!]

    [there's that da** gamg contributing to the downward spiral again!... J/K Dazzoroonie!!!!...say, Dazzoroonie...Moonie...strange coincidence, eh?!
    Eh, don't worry; my acronym could be cornfused w gamgrene...[or worse gamdem; ouch, sorry, RW]
    ;-p]

    C Watts may be an exceptn...was he British like the rest of the Stoned?

    I JEST...[albeit "properly," of course.] /;-p

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 25, 2005 03:07 PM: Message edited by: got_a_match_grip? ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •